Tuesday 9 October 2018

Spring, Summer, Autumn

Since January I have participated in six readings - details on this link.

In August I travelled to Festival dos Eidos in Galicia with a group of poets from Ó Bhéal.  A report on this is now available -   http://www.obheal.ie/blog/erasmus-ecic-partners/ecic-2018-galicia/

In March I was one of a number of invited readers at the Kanturk Arts Festival - From the Witness Box - as a warmer up for the wonderful Bernard O'Donoghue.
Also in March, I read at the WomenXBorders at the Irish Writers’ Centre, Dublin

As part of the Fired / Poetry Day Ireland event at the Irish Writers Museum I introduced the poetry of Dorothea Herbert along with one of my own poems. As a follow on from this event Poetry Ireland put out a call for papers to be presented at an all day seminar with a selection to be published.  My paper was accepted and I read this on 6th October as part of the Missing Voices seminar.

Thanks to Lucy Collins for this photo from the Missing Voices seminar.

On 30th October I was invited to read at Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, India.  (Link to a report on this event. For further info on my journey in India refer to the India page on my blog).